Are you an experienced Software Engineer interested in solving challenging real-world problems in UAVs, controls, autonomy and machine learning? Are you eager to apply your expertise to problems that have a positive impact on the world? Do you want to work among collaborative, mission-driven and values-focused colleagues?
CyPhy Works is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help design and develop the next generation small UAV for indoor applications.
- Design and Development of software solutions for controlling the UAV, managing the mission, integrating the sensors, and interfacing with external capabilities.
- Create highly reliable and maintainable codebases that are at the heart of our autonomous system.
- Contribute to the design of the software architecture.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to execute design objectives.
- Design software for test.
- Teach advanced design and development concepts as a mentor to more junior engineers.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in a set of the following:
- Embedded software solutions
- Full stack software development
- Robust regression test architectures
- Sensor fusion
- Gstreamer, wxWidgets, QGroundControl
- ROS, PX4, SLAM
- Machine learning
- You should be comfortable designing scalable software through the use of design patterns and the implementation of those designs in modern C++.
- Experience with Linux development, C++ memory management, threading, and interprocess communication techniques.
- The candidate should have an understanding of electronic communication protocols (RS232, SPI, and I2C) and have prior experience debugging complex systems.
- Experience with agile software development processes.
Job Type: Full-Time
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject: Sr Software Engineer