As a Sr. Electrical Engineer at CyPhy Works, you will design next generation Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) using the latest technologies. You’ll face technical challenges ranging from complex, high speed design to developing advanced power architectures in the multi-Kilowatt range. As a member of the Hardware team, the lines between Electrical and Mechanical Engineering often blur, allowing for an extremely diverse and fulfilling work experience.
The ideal candidate:
- Is self-motivated and extremely driven to succeed.
- Has a strong knowledge of power architecture and high-speed digital design concepts
- Likes to work hands-on in the lab or field
- Enjoys solving electro-mechanical challenges in an individual or team setting
- Participate as a member of a multi-discipline team working to design next generation Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) utilizing the latest technology.
- Design, test, and troubleshooting of digital, power, and analog circuits for rugged UAS products targeted for military commercial applications.
- Schematic entry, simulation, analysis, and debug of digital, power, and analog circuits.
- Schematic design and PCB layout of mixed signal circuitry.
- Producing technical documentation including review materials for customers, performance requirements, performance specifications, test plans, and analysis reports.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to execute design objectives.
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers
- BS Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in the following:
- General PCB mixed signal design experience (schematic & layout).
- Practical hands-on experience in AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion with various topologies (isolated and non-isolated).
- Experience designing with and debugging typical low-speed interfaces (RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C, CAN) and high-speed interfaces (Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe, MIPI, SATA).
- Experience designing PCBs for embedded systems which contain microcontrollers.
- Motor control design experience.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Comfortable with typical EE lab equipment and activities (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, soldering, etc).
- Experience with modern sensing solutions and implementation.
- MS Electrical Engineering.
- 10 – 20 years of experience in the following:
- Power supply control theory, resonant converter topologies, high voltage design
- PFC Design
- Magnetics Design
- EMI filtering and shielding
- Design for Manufacturability experience (preferably of power supply and/or high voltage products).
- Experience designing lithium battery electronics.
Job Type: Full-Time
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Electrical Engineer